ELCYPHER

AN OCEAN OF INK

LATEST

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Poem By Elcypher_TODAY (In Celebration Of World Poetry Day)

TODAY.

Today,
I dine with reminiscence
of the vigorous men
traded without records
splattered on the pages of scrolls.

Today,
I muffle in tremulous silence
of the heroes whose deeds
were dreams undreamed;
whose fervours married less favour
from the freezing hands of white Knights.

Today,
I sob within these trailing words...
without home or shelter
which could shroud them
from savagery.

Today,
I trip to the 'farnear' lands
of treasured moments
where memory is planted on
the soil of imagination;
where resolution regains birth.

Today,
my father's origin shall be traced
back to tales that faded into gun powders,
and my mother's pride be claimed
of how womanhood was made
to trespass the god's shrines.

Today,
let the world feast on my skull;
its void membranes be read like myths.
And, if be pleased, let my name
be torn into tattered winding kites
to tell my ancestors that
their wisdom is lost, trampled upon
 and their laid paths untreaded.

But, wait for me in the morrow
To tell my children I'll rise in pride,
in guise of words, seeking homes
in empty pages, seeking abodes
in every heart...
until every tongue
in unison bespeak me (peace).


el cypher

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP YOUR COMMENT HERE