ELCYPHER

AN OCEAN OF INK

LATEST

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Poem By Elcypher_Throes of a Wandering Soul

Throes of a Wandering Soul

```Herein:
I mark the moon
on its countenance
Round; spherical to bear my woes
I've promised to slumber
on the bosom of deadly night
Yet, the tumultuous spring of
memories
has drowned me in staggering waves.

In reflection,
I bear the scars of nightmare
drawn to shut the jars of my
sight.
Tho' in wrinkles I still portray
the might of a god
Alas! There were wreckages
atop the shores of my head
to 'fill the bosom of deadly night.

I was the wretched
whose righteousness
was sinful...
And, in all perfection
I was tabooed to burn me
in abject rejection
There, for you,
I were the melody...
'knew you'd sing me in prosody
with no fortunate heartbeat.

Lo!
I was the hunted
for the intended deed
in the haze of pathways
along the forest of self dignity.

Chased, yet chosen to
herald my blood for the lost veins
before the battlefield on my bald head
Forgo its ancestral lineage.

Chosen, yet chased
to errand my soul for the
departed ones
who seek to harbour
this desolated home of wandering soul.```

*El cypher*

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP YOUR COMMENT HERE