ELCYPHER

AN OCEAN OF INK

LATEST

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Poem By Elcypher_It Reigns

It reigns.

thousand fingersticks
atop my (g)olden roof
beats in ceaseless
tiny tunes
that brought [singing] delight (the light)
of youthfulness
upon its long
sunburnt sour face (surface).

some frozen dews (ice)
ascended driving
tumult of steps
on the run
like Lagos rush hour.(traffic)

there are waves
in the air
persistently shutting
my outer doors (eyes)
to see the chaos
chasing children to
brace their Mama.

this hour is a prophecy–
the first to arrive
in heaven tears (rain)
washing away
the old sea sins(seasons)
after a long waiting
dry moons (dry months before rain).

I reclose (recline)
to my couch
laying me [and my]
as straining
my ears to the new
chorus era
but a noisy clap
distorts the mirth mantra (melody)
from my roof
as it briefly discharged
lighter light
restoring a yellow [brighter] sun
to my dead bulb.

O, it's a day reborn
in full luminary
of illusion
when heaven's tear
reigns.


el cypher

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP YOUR COMMENT HERE