ELCYPHER

AN OCEAN OF INK

LATEST

Monday, August 07, 2017

Poem By Elcypher: NO LONGER


NO LONGER

Do I walk in my father’s shoes;
They’re old and worn out
For my soul’s cobbler to mend.

I was born not of a lost ancestor
But of a weeping god for
A multi verse to live.

Here lies in my palms,
The maps of a world unthreaded,
Destination undiscovered,
Secrets undivulged.

Aye!
Flowing in my eyes is a stream
Of origin unknown only to be
Traced by a ready swimmer.

Alas!
I am not a man made of written chronicle
For I evolve unlikely wise like
A crab staring back at a world behind
To guide his shell.

Thus,
The time that journeys wise is my enemy.
For, I am not a mind seated in my chest
Nor a heart caged in ribs.

Lo!
When I seek me in the mirror,
I see a giant with clenched fists
Bludgeoning the air waves that
Blow every fate.

Behold!
I am a verse of lost poetry:
Lyrics of unsung melodies.
I have found me lost as of broken;
Fading echoes to the listening walls.

For a soul brother:
Adeosun Pelumi -#PhoeNix



                                                      Elcypher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP YOUR COMMENT HERE